Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1986 Simplicity Sunstar, how much?

Sungod

I have a 1986 Simplicity Sunstar 20, 60" mower deck and snow plow attachment. I'd say it is in "Fair" shape. Runs good, everything works, looks a bit rough. Don't have a current picture to post. I have someone interested in buying it but we are in that delicate negotiation phase of "how much do you want for it?" I would like to sell this older tractor and get one a bit newer but I don't even know where to start as far as placing a price on this one. The whole outfit cost about $7000 new in 1986. I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but based on your experience any guesstimates on what this might be worth?

I'd keep it prior to spending more on a newer tractor. I like the Sunstar better than the Legacy due to the hydro control being on the dash (convenient) and I do not like the foot operated hydro controls (I'd have a Kubota if I did). My Sunstar is not as old as yours, but I still do not think anything Simplicity makes now (except for the Legacy) even comes close.

I saw a Sunstar 20 HP with a loader in a local "Auto Swapper" type paper for $2500. The pic was black and white and not all that great so condition was hard to tell.