Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
EZDUZIT

Frame plate question please,EXTERNAL OIL SEAL ????

EZDUZIT
I am reasembeling a bevel box in a 3212V or B212,is there like an external oil seal on the left side frame plate ?I remember taking something off but cant find it now. I see something on page 23 of parts manual that is marked "N' part # 118111 oil seal,does that attach to the frame plate ? It seems that It came off when I was disassembling that part of this nasty job,it was in poor shape but I cant find it ,it seemed to fit in the hole that the drive shaft comes through. I see it I think in parts manual for mfrs. no. 570-312 manual lift. Manual is part # or printed on bottom left with the # 1320. Thanks,Pete I always appreciate the help I get here.Thank you all for being here. Pete. [Another friend of Bill"s]

SmilinSam
All my books show it to be Part "N" part # 118117 Seal, OIL. It presses into the gearbox housing around the shaft, not in the frame plate. Order new seals when rebuilding a box. Old ones are not re usable once removed. If you try it they willl most likely leak.