Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

620ac loader

cuda70

im putting a front loader on my 620ac an do not want to put a pump on front of tractor. can i tap into hydrostatic trans? larry chase

I think (?), if it were that easy & efficient, They would've done that a while ago. It might be related to a volume/pressure/demand sort of thing. I relate it to the power steering on the Sovereign. It works, just hope you don't want to turn 'fast' WHILE you're moving fast. 'Not going to happen'. When you have a loader, you don't want to have a 'wait' period while the load's going up or if you're raising the bucket while moving & have it almost stop. of course, just an opinion.......... JP

Hi, Hydro charge pump would not have near the needed capacity. You could even get to the point that if you were raising the loader all the way and the transmission was getting shorted on oil because of all the diversion you could have the trans pump trash itself from lack of oil. My thoughts they are free, value accordingly. Good Luck, Al Eden

Amen on the slow power steering. A flaw I have been very disappointed with since I have lots of trees to dodge in my back yard.

Roy

If the mower is not attached when the loader is installed, you can mount a pump to run from the mower drive PTO. Rod H.

The charge pump is also low pressure (a couple hundred psi) so there would not be enough pressure as well as the hydro does not have enough oil as stated earlier. Also, if all of the oil is taken from the charge circuit, the transmission loop could cavitate and damage the hydro pump or motor.

did a pressure test on hydro an it pegged my gauge at 1500lbs got a 3000lbs gauge comming plus the frontloader has a oil tank built in so as not to rob tranny of oil but im still wondering? larry chase

Well, Price out what it cost to rebuild the Sunstrand unit or get another one. Then the price of the pto pump would be (I think around 70-100). Oh, make sure you're sitting down when you inquire on the Sunstrand (LOL). Hope it helps, JP

Pressure isn't really the issue, volume is as stated earlier. The hydro might be able to raise a loader, but do you want to take all morning doing it? I'm not familiar with the 620 style tractors (although I hope to have one in a year or so) but don't they have a mid or rear mount PTO that could be used, with a detachable setup?

Have a look in the Gallery under Allis Chalmers and click on "620 with loader" to see how the pump is put on the loader frame to be belt driven off the front clutch. Or, if you want to check out a more ambitious solution, check under Simplicity re "9020 and more" where a 24 horse Honda replaced the original engine, apparently with a hydraulic pump in place of the clutch, which powers the loader and power steering.