Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Soft Cab

KSever

Just picked up a soft cab for my 717. But I am in need of the installation directions. Was looking for the part number and maybe I can find the manual on the Simplicity site or if someone has the directions they might be able to email me I would appreciate it. Thanks, Kris

Can't help with instructions, but how about a picture: This is one that Chris Geise provided long, long ago. He's an engineer at Original Cab Company, the company that made them... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Thanks Kent, I saw this one and copied and saved it to enlarge it in Adobe Photoshop, but I still can't see where they mounted the back tubes and where they mounted the other side.

It looks like the front is solidly mounted to the engine frame. The back must have a pivot in it to alow for the pivoting rear end of the tractor. Otherwise the cab would flex. Maybe it doesn't bother it anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
Just an update. I emailed Original Tractor Cabs (one of our sponsors) and asked if they had the installation directions for this 717 cab. They promptly emailed me back and said yes they do and would gladly mail them out to me no charge. I had the direction booklet within 5 days of the email. What a great sponsor.

I had the same great response from the Original Cab Co. several months ago. I have not yet assembled the cab on my tractor, but I have the same question LloydBoy stated: The cab is solidly mounted to both the front and rear sections of the tractor. thus, the cab will flex if the tractor twists. I suspect that this will not be a big problem, as most driveways are relatively flat. It will be interesting to see how it works when installed! Tom

The Original Cab Company simply told me that parts for this cab are no longer available. I take this to mean that the cab itself is also no longer available.

The one on my Ebay auction mite work for you I don't know but may be http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2072576949