Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Canopy

Ok, its the wrong season but..... Have any of you fine folks made a canopy for your tractor to keep the sun off you? any ideas? any pics? I figure if i can scratch up a good idea/plan, ill start after deer season and hopefully months from now when the sun comes out in Minnesota again, ill have it ready? I am wanting to mount it on a 7012 landlord........any info, thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated. Ive got all the tools, just need some ideas. Thank you Doug

I have a Simplicity Sunrunner surrey top (complete with orange fringe/tassels) that I mounted on my HB-216 for my 10yr old. It was going to get its first "public showing" at Brooklyn, until I and the runaway and it hit a tree sapling... Someone had them for sale in the classifieds a while back for $50, but I got mine elsewhere... Thanks again, Al! The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Doug, I got a "buggy top" umbrella for a farm tractor in a pile of "junk" at an auction sale. Had a large hole right in the center of the canvas. Took the canvas off the frame and narrowed the frame to fit my B-210. I took the canvas and cut a strip out of the center (turned out to be just a little more than the hole), and sewed the top back together on my upholstery machine. Looks good and works well, plus I can fold it down when mowing near trees. Pat

Jeez Kent, between the trees and bgb's.....what a year its been for your fleet!......i guess i should keep an eye on the classifieds. Pat, good idea. I wouldnt care if it came off or folded down easy. Im having a strictly mowing unit next year, no tillers, no plows nothing but cutting lots of grass in the open sun. Ive got to get it ready for when you show up here next summer. Ive got a pretty good scrap of brand new canvas ive had laying around for several years. even if i could scrounge up a frame......Ive got pipe benders and alot of conduit.....oh well. Doug

Here's a link to some canopies. They are produced by Snowco just like the originals. Only difference is that one would have to add the low rider look to them, the dingy balls. I have seen these canopies and they are very quality items. Click on the bottom item in there, tractor umbrella, they come in bright yellow and red/white. The mounting brackets are even the same as the originals. http://www.smalink.com/oltonwelding/browsesearch.jsp?categoryno=C324&pkey=C18 Dan

Doug, I think my luck has something to do with being my mother's 13th child... If I remember, I'll try to get some pics this weekend so you can see the frame for the surrey. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...