Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sandy Lake Implements Does It Again!

BigSix

Folks: I can't say enough about Sandy Lake Implements! They have again distinguished themselves from any other shop I've run across. In July, I ordered some Landlord and snowblower parts, which came within a few days, as always with SLI. Recently home for a while, I wondered where the new belt was I ordered. I called up, and spoke with one of the two "B's" who, like superheros, apparently prefer to remain mysterious, and are known only as "the girls in parts." I sort of remembered the belt was to have come separately, but I've been out of town and my girlfriend (in town) hadn't seen it arrive. SLI's records confirmed it was to have shipped separately. No record existed of the actual ship date. In less time than it took to write this, "B-1" (Ha! You Allis boys'll like that) said "We'll order you another belt, and get it out to you, and call you when it goes out, so you can look for it in the mail. No charge." We skipped the whole "we don't believe you, ...not our problem, ...talk to your mail delivery person, etc..." part. (Of course, if a second belt ever shows up, I'll send it back--but they never even suggested that; I did). They just flat handled it. No questions, no hassle, no "hold while I get a manager," few words. What a class act SLI is. Thanks again. Peter

I found that to be the case when I was helping Gerhard get his parts. S.L.I. would call me to be sure they understood exactly what he wanted and would call me back when the parts were going to be sent. They go the extra mile to be sure that there are no problems and if there is they will go out of their way to make the customer happy. Not like that other place where the customer is always wrong. Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Doug: I hear ya about distance, I'm hours from SLI--never been there. But my closest shop is so bad (wrong belt three times, after I waited in line each time?) that the shipping feels like a small price to pay. Plus, I get great advice from SLI, as opposed to the local shop, so that's valuable too. I have no idea, but...does the shipping go up significantly with the distance? Also, I believe SLI mails the light stuff--maybe you should double check with them? I could be wrong. Just tryin' to share the wealth. ;) Peter