Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
IronPony

Kohler Blocks 301 321

IronPony
Will the k301 and k321 blocks from an A series bolt up to the standard 2 quart oil crankcase of the k301 or k321 engines? I'm still trying to buy a motor that I can rebuild w/o to much down time of my tractor. Rebuild on on the bench then swap out. Thanks a bunch- - - - Dan P.S. So much for me to learn while you guys are so far ahead of the power curve. www.family-fishing.com

powerking_one
Dan, I think what you are asking is: will the K301/321 "A" model block ( without the flanged base) accept the larger wide base 2 quart oil pan used on the non-"A" engines? I believe this has been discussed before and the answer is no. Without the flanges on the block, there's no way/nowhere to bolt up that style pan. Tom(PK)

HubbardRA
I have both the Cub Kadet style and the flat bottom style. I wanted to do the same thing. They wouldn't interchange. I have, however, used a Cub Kadet type engine on a Simplicity. It requires fabricating mounts and re-drilling the mounting holes. Takes some time and head scratching. Rod H.