Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Terry9

CHUTE Q

Recommended Posts

Terry9
Anyone have suggestions in prepping a blower for the winter? My biggest problem last year was snow getting bound up in the chute. I'm going to sand and repaint the chute area. Anyone recommend car wax, etc after that? I've also heard spraying with silicone or vegetable oil spray. I tried using Pam last year, didn't work too well. Maybe I need to teflon coat the chute? Thanks in advance, Terry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les
I never had any luck with cooking spray either, altough some people swear by it. All it did for me was to make the blower look bad. I used a wire brush on my hand grinder, then repainted. My best luck has been to adjust the deflector closer to vertical. Never tried silicone spray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woodydel
This is from a message sent to me from Clarence. He sells his kits on Ebay. It will make your snowblower work. Give back the PAM to your wives. Woody, Most of the older snowblowers and some of the newer ones have a gap between the impeller blades and the housing ¼" to ½" this is mainly used to allow objects to pass through and also to keep the blades from freezing to the housing. Some of these gaps are enlarged by wear or just a poor design (too large). This kit will work on most dual stage snowblowers and on some of the larger single stage snowblowers, it consists of rubber paddles that bolt on to the impeller blades therefore sealing between the blades and the housing. If the snow slips past the impeller blades it has time to accumulate and then tries to discharge it in large amounts resulting in a plugged chute or poor discharge. By creating this seal all the snow Is discharged and nothing accumulates in the housing, the snow is discharged evenly resulting in it being broken up, and also increases the leverage by lengthening the impeller blade. If you need more info please contact me again. Thank You Clarence Follow the link to current item for sale. IMPROVE YOUR SNOWBLOWER GUARANTEED [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2064528446[/url]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JDSnyder
I coated the inside of my snowblower chutes with spray-on rubberized coating. I've done this on my Simplicity as well as an old Jacobson walk behind I have. It seems to help a lot. Note, though, that here in Colorado our snow is drier and doesn't pack in as much as what falls farther east.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terry9
Also.......I've wirebrushed and primed and repainted the chute, and also some rust pockets i found. Used the Simplicity Orange paint that I got from Chad Barron last year............a perfect match.......highly recommended. Terry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • redbeard
    • TTDE419
    • SmilinSam
    • Jcrotts110
    • PhanDad
    • tamurmueen
    • smalljob
    • CarlH
  • Today's Birthdays

    No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

    • Dean McFadden

      Dean McFadden

      Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁
       

      · 1 reply
    • thedaddycat

      thedaddycat  »  SmilinSam

      It's in pretty sad shape, but yes I have a yellow plastic cap that I'm fairly certain is what you need. PM me your details and I'll get it out to you.
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts

×