Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
CarlH

PowrMax Questions

CarlH
As I am continuing to cure Previous Owner's Disease on my Simplicity 9020, I have stumbled onto a couple of questions for you experts: 1. Onan CCKB Engine The Allis Chalmers 616/620 Service Manual I have identifies two spec numbers for the engines used in the AC 620's - 2420 for a 15 amp alternator and 2440 for a 20 amp alternator. The AC 720 Parts Manual also identifies the same two spec numbers. The Simplicity Service Manual that I downloaded from the Simplicity website (pub TP 500-0504-01-PM-SA) identifies spec 2420 with a 20 amp alternator. The engine in my 9020 is spec 2733J which doesn't match anything in the AC/Simplicity manuals. Can someone sort out the differences for me? 2. Transmission Hot Oil Sending Unit This part (171498) is apparently no longer available from Simplicity. After removing it and examining it, the sender looks to be a hot coolant switch for an automotive idiot light application. It is marked as an AC (Delco) part for 12 V. Can anyone cross this to an AC part number, identify an similar early 70's automotive application, or give me an idea of the temperature at which the switch should close? Thanks, Carl

JP
Carl, I can help you with #1. Yes, you have a cckb ms 2733j. It would be option #3 (or key 3) It is a 20 amp system. Simplicity used the 15 amp on the ccka (4040-616). What are you looking for & I'll try & give you an example. on the stators #2 191-0932 is the 15 amp one. #9 191-1016 would be the stator your looking for as it's for key 2&3 & your's is a key 3. It makes sense in an Onan sorta way.... On your # 2, I'd give Simplicity a call. Ask for service then ask for one of their 'more experienced' (older) from the Power Max era. The 'good' news is, some of the folks here might know # 2 as well! Keep us posted