Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I'm ready! Are you ready?

Les

Got the Agco twins ready for snow. Do you think I have enough snowblowers? Had the Bota twins out this weekend too, put them in the back of the shed, all prep'ed for winter. At least they are orange! Having two is fun!

I inherited Bota #2,the one with lug tires, from my Dad. And man, do I LOVE my botas! The greatest thing is just not having to deal with gasoline engine problems, the botas start every time. Right now, Agco #1, with the Kohler, is leaking gas all over the garage floor stinking things up. Those three cylinders deisels are smooth as silk, and much quieter than thumping Briggs or Kohler. Both my fuel usage and mowing time has been cut in half! I do wish that they were AC 5015's or 5020's, but I guess you cant have everything.

Yes, those black decals sure are pretty, the cost me $42 per set before tax. Does anybody know if they are still available? I used Farm and Fleet Allis-Chalmers orange. Four tractors is really too much, I used to have 8 or 9. Most of which I sold to Lloyd Boy. My past tractors include a 720, 3 7016's, 2 B-112's, a B-210, 2 B-1's, a 712s, and a B-207. If anybody runs across any B7100 Kubota attachments I would be very interested.

Might as well take them blowers off Les, it's not going to snow in IL this year. Just up in WI so we can have all the fun. Kris

quote:
Originally posted by Les:If anybody runs across any B7100 Kubota attachments I would be very interested.
Les, You know I’ve only been involved with garden tractors for a few years. A friend gave me a whole load of B7100 Kubota implements. One of my first projects was adapting a Kubota snowthrower to my 7012 Simplicity. When I asked for advice, you stated,
quote:
… Kubota in - garbage out…
Because I respected your experience, I scrapped all those Kubota attachments. If I only knew you would have changed your view of Kubotas, I would have gladly given them to you. Anyway, I'll bet hitches could be made to adapt Simplicity attachments to your Kubotas.

dutch i think that pic could be used as a good reason for a snow cab. Every year i wait for the snow and every year when it comes i wish i had snow cab instead of my hooded green jacket.

I'm leaving all blowers off till the last minute. Every time I get prepared the snow never comes. Sure hope Farmers Almanac is right.

Just didnt want to put the chains on quite yet, might want to haul some wood accross the yard. Chains are essential but I have heard that lug tires and weights are just as good, is this true? Hope you guys are right about not getting snow this year. My house sits in the middle of flat corn fields with the only trees for a mile or so, so when the snow blows I get dumped on pretty heavy. You did a really nice paint job too, Art. Did you replace the decals? The B-207 I bought had a rusted out steering gear, so I parted it out.

I got my Simplicity 3416H with snow blade ready & my Allis Chalmers B-12 ready with the snowblower,just need to get pulley on tractor and chains on both tractors. Karl

Les, my paint job is Cat. Yellow, from a spraycan and the decals were just masked-off and painted around. Had mine ready to go in July, but we really don't get much snow on Long Island anymore....Art

I was getting ready, heeding Dutch's warning when I ran into a dilema. Will we only need two sets of chains this year, or should I out three sets on??? Seriously, when installing tire chains make sure the attaching links for the cross chains have the hooks pointing outward, away fron the tire. That way the ends of the links don't dig into the sidewall causing excessive wear.