Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vacuum Hose Diameter?

KenSee

What is the diameter of the input hose opening on a vacuum model 12400069? I want to add a hose to use the vacuum without the mower deck. I believe it's 6" but not sure and can't look right now. Thanks!

The two factory vacs that I've used (B-10 and 7016 vintage) both had a 7" input tube to the mower deck and a 6" output tube to the cart... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Sorry about that, model number is 1690024. Other number from memory which fails many times. Output is 6", and I didn't even measure input last night when I checked the output. Other post says 7" input. Also, how do we repy to replies without a quote? I deleted the quoted stuff from this post.

I'd be willing to bet that the input side is larger than the output side... To reply without a quote, look for this icon or the links at the top and bottom of the list that say Reply to Topic The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...