Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Trying to get hitched...

Dadsy98

I've been researching front hitches lately. A few months ago I got a blade and hitch. The blade is a 1690085. The hitch has been modified: What would this fit? I think I need to grind off the remains of the old ears and have new ones welded back on. Does anybody have the dimensions for the ears handy? I think with the ears back on this hitch would fit my 7010. Right? Also, I beleive I've found the right hitch for my 2110: Finally, I located a drawing of the hitch for my AC312: Once I find or make the adapter plates (in blue) would either of the hitches mentioned above work for this model? (just full of questions today ! ) Steve

The ears are 2.5" overall in length, 1.5" sticks up above the hitch rails. I'm not sure what the hitch in the background fits, but it's on a 42" plow.

Thanks Kirk. I don't know how critical the dimensions really are but, It's nice to be in the ball park. I looked through my manuals and could not identify that hitch in the background. Maybe a Wheelhorse??? Another question... This drawing shows some additional metal tabs sort of like stops on the ears. Was this an improvement or just a different hookup arrangement? Steve

Kirk I think but not sure that the hitch in the back ground is for a wonderboy rear engine rider. Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

I got it from the same pile that the 515 Serf came from. I haven't tried to mate the two up yet, but that may be what it's for. Thanks for jogging my memory.

dadsy how did you get the diagrams for the hitch that you posted did you cut and paste from somwhere or did you use some kind of cad drawing tool, they look real sharp john

I believe that the first hitch pictured that was modified will fit a 6200 series tractor. The think that the hitch itself would fit the large frame garden tractors. The small adapter that bolts to the hitch makes in fit the 6200 series ( small frame garden tractors) and prodably the 4000, 5000 and 6000 series.

John, I finally figured out how to cut and paste from .PDF files. The coloring is from using Windows Paint program. I thought I'd try pictures instead of words to show what I meant concerning the different hitches... Tim, Thanks for the info on the mystery hitch. I'll look those up and see. Anybody need a hitch for a 6200 series? I'll trade ! Steve