Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snowblower help needed

BAP

I purchased a 42" snowblower. The model and serial number tag is missing. Is there any identifying features to determine the model? It has the belt setup for a front drive. There is a rod connected to one of the idler pulleys. Where is this rod supposed to go to on the tractor? My tractor doesn't have a front pto so I am looking for one. Also the lift rod is missing. If I could identify this, I could order a parts and owners manual. Also, if anybody could send any pictures of what the hitch setup and pto is supposed to look like it would be a great help. Thank you for the help. BAP

Bruce Most of the 42" blowers are all the same the only differences in MFG#'s might be chute style change or color change. I have had 6 different ones since 1973 They were basically all the same. The difference comes in the hitches used for different tractors. You Didn't say what year or model tractor you have, That will be needed to help you with the right setup. Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Bruce, To identify your snowthrower and hitch, it would make more sense if you posted photos. If there is a rod connected to one of the idler pulleys, the hitch is probably made for an older tractor that didn't use a front PTO clutch.

The tractor I am trying to put it on is an AC716-H around a 1973. As far as posting pictures, unfortunately, I don't have a camera at this time to do so, although I might be able to find one to borrow. Thanks BAP

It "sounds" similar to the one I took off an AC B210 and put on a Simplicity 2110. The rod attached to the idler pulley goes in a bracket attached to the tractor. This goes "over center" and tightens the belt to engage the blower.My snowblower didn't have any tags on it either. kenny L