Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ultimatehick

Very little charge

ultimatehick
I have a 7116H and i was woundering why i have a charge of like about .4 volts. When my tractor is shut off the battery reads 12.1 volts. When i turn it on and rev it all the way up it reads about 12.5 volts. Also if i have my lights on when it is at full throttle well first of all they are really dull but it only reads like 12.1 volts. So there is somehting wrong with the charging system. What i am askin is does any 1 know what is wrong with my tractor because i need it fixed before the winter comes so i want to get it fixed now so that i dont have to worry about it when the snow comes.

Dutch
Ben, You've asked about this problem several times. Do you have a Briggs manual? Do you know what alternator you have? Do you have a test meter? If your battery won't hold a charge, the problem is either the alternator, regulator, wiring, battery or a combination. You must test each separately.