Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Advice on Price

sonnyboy2741

I just had a gentleman call me and ask if I was interested in buying a B series fork lift.He explained that it was 100% except the counter weights were gone.He requested me to make him an offer ????????? Any ideas on mow much to offer ??????????????? Now,I haven't went to go look at this yet and I am going tomorrow Any help would be appreciated.

There was a long discussion about this very topic a couple of weeks ago. If he can't tell you how much he wants for it, make an offer that is based on what you are willing to pay. If he is offended by your offer, too bad. He should have told you how much he wanted for it.

If you gan get this you are very lucky as they are extreamly rare. I have never seen one sold or offered to be sold. An item like this you don't want to tee him off. you want to keep the process open. I suggest that you ask what he would like to get for it as you would not like to offend him and go from there. It is better for the seller to give you a asking price He must have an idea what he wants for it. Please let us know how it goes Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Sellers who won't state what they want annoy me. If that forklift is just laying in a field rusting away, it is worth less than $25 in scrap. Offer the seller whatever it's worth to you. Why do you want it? Do you intend to use it? Do you want it for collector value? Do you already own one? Do you want it for parts? It may be worth $25 to one person and $2500 to another.

I agree,I hate it when someone says "make an offer". OK,how about a dollar? Why should I price someone else's merchandise? Price it fairly,and either I'll buy it,or make a counter offer based on your price. Someone who says "make an offer" usually is fishing for high prices.

If it's attached to and comes with the tractor it would be worth more than if it's not. A running tractor is worth more yet, obviously. If it's just a pile of parts..... I have the manual for it, "Operators Manual for Model B-1 Fork Lift", listed as Form TM-337. If you get the fork lift I would be happy to loan it to you. If you don't get it I would be interested in knowing what he wants for it, because I'd sure like to have one. I think it would be more useful than a front loader for what I have to do around here.