Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2002 Pullling Season

MikeES

The 2002 pulling season is over and another successful year. This year we ran a 18hp Kohler in "Ace" instead of the 12hp B&S. That 18 is REALLY powerful. And we campaigned the 917 in the Stock Altered class even though it has a stock engine. Here is a picture of my son and the trophies won in the 800# trophy class. In the trophy class he entered 8 out of a possible 18 events and still got 7th in points. He won many 1sts and never less than 4th, with as many as 15 tractors in the class. The 917, even though out classed, still pulled in many 2nds and 3rds, but it did not win class this year. Good Luck! Mike S.

Thanks Dutch, my son is 11 and has been pulling since 7 and driving the HB212 since he was 3-1/2. The building in the background is our shop. There is another attached garage for the cars. Total square footage of toy storage is about twice that of the house. About the right ratio. (My wife has another ratio, but we won't bring that up.) The building holds: Shop (work area with various power tools, welder, etc.), 1989 Dodge Shelby, 2 snowmobiles, 6 AC/Sim tractors, 2 AC pulling tractors, 1 Kubota B2400 and loader, numerous bicycles, parts. It is CROWDED. I store most of the attachments in a flexible shed (big tarp) in the woods, but I can't seem to let any of the tractors sit outside. I THINK I'M NORMAL -- does everyone else? Good Luck! Mike S.