Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CARB REBUILD KIT?

I NEED A CARB REBUILD KIT. LATER I WOULD LIKE A COMPLETE ENGINE KIT. I MUST TELL THE TRUTH......I HAVE A MURRAY. ITS MY FIRST RIDER. ITS ONLY 2 YRS OLD AND I GAVE ONLY 200.00 FOR IT. I'M LOOKING AT A SIMPLICITY FOR 500.00 IN GREAT SHAPE. SORRY GUYS.

Murray, MURRAY, did you say you have a FLIPPIN MURRAY.........oh, sorry, got carried away. Many places sell carb. rebuild kits. Just need to provide them with your engine make and model......Art [url]www.perr.com[/url]

Easy! Art, I have a Murray sitting in my back yard too. Thinking about using the front axle to build a trailer. There are some things worthy of doing with Murrays, Dynamarks and some of the other "lawn" tractors. Rod H.

Kink, Art, I get lots of good parts of these throwaway types. Wheels, tires, seats, starter solenoids, belt idlers, pulleys, steering wheels, "IGNITION SWITCHES", etc. can all be used on the good machines. Usually when one leaves my house for the dump, there is very little left. I have a small lathe that a friend and I built. It is driven by an electric motor running through a lawn tractor gearbox. Art, I was also, "just kidding" you about the FLIPPIN MURRAY comment. No offense intended. Rod H.

Ahhhhhh, I see you agree then!!! lol When the Wizard deck rusted through to the point of being unsafe to use I took the bagger off and gave it to the neighbor who has the same basic machine. The rods, linkages, springs and other parts are still around. The tractor I gave to someone else(as a ruse, "See honey, I'm getting rid of a tractor") then added 5 more Simplicities..... Hey, I never said they had NO useful functions!!! BTW, I hope you all realize this is all in fun, I have no problem with any other brands. I have had a few but none hold up like these old ones.

I also own 9 year old Murray 12hp tractor with a rear bagger. I only use this tractor for picking up leaves, better than raking 2 acres of leaves from 100+ trees.I have my AC HB-112 tractor with dumping trailer parked on the lawn,keep filling trailer until full and drive out to the leave/manure pile and pull hydraulic valve lever to empty. Karl