Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Something followed me home

mowerman1193

Hi Everyone,I went out for a tractor hunt today and look what followed me home[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=mowerman1193&file=562"][/url] Thought I knew how to post the picture in the message body but all I got was a square box with a x in it LOL.I will get it one of these days.To view it click on the file above. Not sure if I really got a good deal or not for $300 but its what I have been wanting for a long time.It only has the tiller attachment.It smoke's a little on start up but seems to clear up.Its a model 990314.All and all its a solid straight tractor.Might sell the Massey Ferguson 12 now to fund this project LOL. mowerman1193
I edited your topic so you could see how the tags are supposed to look. Look at it in the edit mode. It may be the type of camera you're using -- some don't put all the needed information (resolution of the graphic) in the header information of the file. (It's a recurring problem and being worked on...) Here it is... Kent

Thanks Kent for fixing that for me.That must be what the problem is because I never have any problems when I get picture's from the web,but every time I try to load one up from the camera it gives me that box with the x in it. Doug,I think it will probably be more like next winter's project LOL.I already have this winters projects to do.I probably should have passed on this deal but I have been wanting one of the bigger AC/Simplicity tractors as before all I had was the small Broadmoors 4 of them to be exact.Oh well whats one more going to hurt LOL. mowerman1193

For a newbe trying to learn - Where does this tractor fall in line with my AC712? Is this one newer, older, bigger, smaller?? What engine would this one have? I can see the frame is curved where my 712 is not. I sure would like to see a slide show in order from small to large of the AC/Simplicity tractor line excluding anything newer than about 1985 I think. Dan www.family-fishing.com

Dan, Excluding the rear engine rider, there were four (4) categories of tractors made up to 1985. They are: Small Lawn, Large Lawn, Small Garden, Large Garden. Read this > http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/quick_ref.htm The tractor above (990314) is a Large Garden. Specifically, it is a "Landlord" 9hp made about 1963/1964 (same as an AC B-10). Your AC712 is also a Large Garden, but newer. There are many photos, specs, and info in this site > http://www.simpletractors.com/default.htm

I have twin to your landlord which i believe to be a 64, I think the 65's had white trim(dash panel). It looks like it's in pretty good shape. I wish I had the tiller to go with mine. You can see my 64 in the ST site in 2002 Brooklyn Ct show pics. When I find the url I'll add it. Happy tractoring !!!!! Reed S [url][/url]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/brooklyn_02/Bkln02_30.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE TILLER OFF THE 314 LANDLORD WOULD MOUNT RIGHT UP ON A 69? SOVEREIGN? THANX!! NEW TO THE SITE..WILL HAVE LOTS OF DUMB QUESTIONS..WILL TRY TO KNOW ALL THE INFO ON MY EQUIP BEFORE I ASK AGAIN...THANXXX..NICEGUY

Should work on all the late 60s tractors- 3000, 3100, & 3200 serires.... You may need a slightly longer drive belt from the Bevel gear box back. The frames on the Vari drive models will be about 2 -3 inches longer than the earlier 3 speed tractors.

THANX! SMILINSAM; I verified i had a 3012 for the tiller to go on..will i have any problem with the mower deck? Also i received a blower with the 314....it seems to have one super long belt on it...is it up to the task to put of the 3012?..I inherited the sovereign with a plow and spring tooth. when i found a 314 in tough shape; all the attatchments look real nice...just trying to put together everything onto the sovereign..Would the bgb from the 314 slide onto the sovereign?...SORRY FOR TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!NICEGUY

Mower deck will work witout a problem. Snowblower is suppoesd to run with a short belt running through a pair of idlers up to a pulley on the engine shaft sticking out the grill with a engagement rod to turn it on and off. Sounds like someone was trying to run it off the center PTO.

Here are two BGBs. The left one is from a variable drive, note the longer shaft sticking out the right side to accomodate the variable pulley. The right one is from a three speed tractor, note the shorter shaft for a fixed pulley. If both BGBs are the same type, they may swap right out. I think the earliest ones(700,725) had smaller diameter shafts, so check shaft size first.

THANX FOR THE EXCELLENT INFO AND PICTURES FROM BOTH THE CAT AND SAM! Next question..drivers left rear under the seat...The 314 has a shaft with a large pully and a small pully that looks all connected with the rear lift assembly..Now as stupid as I am; I can see the belt from the large pully goes to the front or to the bgb, and a short belt would go from the small pully back to the tiller. Now; will the two pullys on the back slide off and go onto the sovereign 3012? and; will the single pully on the bgb slide off and go onto the 3012? Thanx! too excited with Orange..and not mechanical enough. Niceguy.eagan, minnesota

My first tractor, a Wonder Boy 401, has returned home after several years away. I had given it to my father-in-law when I picked up a new-to-me Cub Cadet 149. Well, I wished I never let it go to begin with, but am happy to have it back along side the cub. More info and perhaps a pic to follow later. See ya, Mike.

I believe it the tiller drive and BGB pulley will go right over. I took the pulley from my 3310 BGB and put it on the Putt-Putt to drive the sickle bar mower.

Thanx Daddycat..The sovereign thanks you also. I moved it in where its WARM so I can start to upgrade its capabilities. niceguy, eagan, minnesota