Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Low speed pulley kit little 616

I can find a mfg number here for it, 420. Its the one for my yeoman. Is it mechanically the same as the larger tractors, if not, does anyone have either a better number (parts) or a diagram?. mine seems loose and wobbly, i can go from hi to lo but its difficult, its also making some noise. Its driving me crazy. I dont want to loosen one nut till i have a diagram.......I tried the simptechmanual page, with 420, no go. thank you Doug upper midwest

Doug, Try MFR # 990420. It's there... Simplicity often dropped the 990 "prefix" when referring to the oldies.... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I don't know if the Yeoman Hi-Lo is the same as the Broadmore's. The Broadmore is different than the one for the LFGT though. Here are exploded views of both Broadmore and LFGT Hi-Lo pulleys. The ring gear and shift ring from the Broadmore will fit the LFGT if you drill out the bolt holes to match the larger bolts. The spider (the ring with the studs sticking out) and pinion gears may also cross-fit but I didn't check it closely while I had the LFGT one apart. The LFGT is shown with all the tools needed for disassembly, but was missing the shift ring and gaskets in this pic. Here is the Broadmore Hi-Lo next to an assembled one. You can see the assembled LFGT Hi-Lo in the lower left corner of the pic. Don't be worried about taking these things apart, they're really pretty simple.

If I can use Kirks picture as a reference. Mine was cracked at the point in the picture. I had it rewelded and has been fine eversince.

Kirk, Looks like you are gettin along the with the parts. I picked up another pulley off a Broadmoor, but I can't get it off the transmission shaft. Got a shift ring with it but no hardware or bracket that mounts it to the tractor. Glad to see someone making use of the stuff.. Sam

Yes and thanks again Sam. I think I have figured out a way to adapt the Hi-Lo pulley to the variable drive. At least the idea of how to do it seems viable. If it works out I will have a 30+ year old tractor with 42 forward speeds and 14 reverse for a total of 56 speeds....... lol

Kirk Then you will have to put your computer on it to control what gear you are in, otherwise you are going to be shifting all the time. LOL This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Maynard, heaven forbid!!!!! OK so it won't be that many gears, but 3 speed & reverse tranny X Hi-Lo X 7 notches on the variable = what in the world are you trying to do to that tractor.....

I forgot to add the pics. I'll need to use the 2" wheel spacers for a loader to move the tires out a little, but it should fit. And yes, I really am that crazy.... if this works I'll put a set of 26X12X12 tires on the rear.