Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs Flywheel

KSever

I was going to send my flywheel in to get repolarized for electronic ignition. Question is which address on this resource page is the one to send it to? Menomenee Falls? Are we sure it is free. What amount would you insure yours for? And what would you include in your business letter? This is in reference to the link below. Just want to be sure before I send something out that's hard to replace. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/Portal_Links.asp?catid=9&cattitle=[/url] The Menomenee Falls location below is where to send your flywheel for re-polarization or re-magnetization service. Turn around is generally the same day. You pay for shipping to them, and they do the service free and cover the return shipping. Include a letter in the box stating what you want done (re-polarize or re-magnatize) and include your normal business letter info. Make sure the box is sturdy and well packaged to prevent damage. It is recommended to insure it for full replacement cost value. You can contact them for any further information at: Briggs & Stratton Corporation P.O. Box 702 Milwaukee, WI 53201 (414) 259-5333 (NOTE: not toll free) Briggs & Stratton Corporation Menomonee Falls Distribution Center W148N9121 Patrita Drive Menomonee Falls, WI 53051

hi i went through the same thing you are doing now. i looked at the info you have and the adress matches the one the briggs factory guy gave me. As far as what to put in the letter, i would include the model type code of engine, your adress, and that you are switching to magnetron so they know how to re-work the flywheel.

Kris, I was the one who added this link and also went through the pain and experience of researching the whole process so that others would have no doubt on how to pursue this operation. I thought the write up was eminently clear and 100% accurate. Tom(PK)

Tom I don't think you could have made it any plainer.
quote:
The Menomenee Falls location below is where to send your flywheel for re-polarization or re-magnetization service.
This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

It was clear and thanks Tom for the research, But I just wanted to be sure I read it right. I'm not too keen on just sending something out that is hard to replace. Thanks to you also Maynard. Sorry I asked