Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4 speed transmission

JohnA

John, Other than a problem possibly re-assembling the trans[that's why it won't move when in gear]the prob. I found with this type trans. is the shifter forks keystock gets sprung/warped not allowing easy sliding of the shift forks,and will need replacement.You have it seems to check that out,and that the shifter forks both slide freely on their shafts,no binding!And make sure with a flashlight that when re-assembling trans. cover BOTH shift forks are in their collars. Good Luck with it! dlc

The transmission on my 7013s was locked up(couldn't shift out of second). I removed and opened up the trans being careful not to disturb any internal parts.I managed to manipulate the shifting forks and get the shifter to move (although a little stiff). Thinking I had my problem solved I put the cover back on worked the shifter through the gears a few times&(partially) reinstalled the transmission. Now when I shift to neutral I can spin the input shaft, but cannot in any other gear(with a nut on the shaft using a twelve inch wrench). I tried turning the axle with a pry bar but it wouldn't turn.(this is being done without any belts being installed). Anyone have any sugestions. Thanks!