Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

other chipper/shredder owners

Rob-B

would like to talk with other owners of the mackissic chipper/shreadder that was made for the AC and simplicitys garden tractors. thanks Robert C Baumuller

hi maynard, hello tim, do either of you have the chipper set that mounts to the side of the mackissaic, if not have you heard of anybody purchasing that portion of the unit and adding it? also the literature that i borrowed from kent says it will take up to 3-1/2" from the that side chute i asked about, but what about the top? and do you or do you know anybody that has an extra screen they want to sell? or a parts unit? do either of you use the unit or did you get it for collecting? and if you use it can you tell me about your experiences and thoughts of the unit? i would be interested in litature i could get a photo copy of too. and if if you guys had any pictures of your units would be nice too. thanks, rob

Rob Mine was converted from a self powerd one, with a hitch made to mount it on the tractor. I do not have the chipper option on the side. It runs off from the center PTO on the pulley for the Tiller. I have not used it yet but come spring I hope to. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Hi Rob, I use the same pulley for the chipper and the tiller. If you want other pics, email me. I live in southern RI if you want to take a look at mine. Terry

I had posted a question a few weeks ago about converting one of the current MacKissic chipper/shredders to my 716H but didn't get much input. This post got me thinking about it again. Do any of you guys think it's feasable? I'd jump on it, but the chipper costs some serious bucks so I need to be reasonably sure before going for it.

hi terry, hello jeremy, terry it looks like your tractor is newer than a b-series or its simplicity eqaul............is that true? if so you might be able to help jeremy. thanks for the pic. do you have the shedder part? terry i think you should be able to use it on a newer style (716h) tractor. it will mount on the tractor without any problem, its just gett'in the belts up in running. i had a 3414 once and i'm tring to remember it but i think you should give it a try. Robert C Baumuller

Jeremy The Chipper I have started life out as a five hp powered unit. It has been converted for tractor power. The engine mount and the wheels were removed. Two rods added one on the top one on the bottom. On the top Rod a round bar was added for the rear lift. On the bottom 2 flat bars to hook to the rear hitch. On mine the belt is connected to the center cone clutch on the pulley for the tiller. You need the idler pulley to clear the Hydro filter. The belt is tightened by using the lift. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Hi all, I made the 'kit' for Maynard & I works as he describes. I have another unit similar to the one I sold to Maynard and has the chipper wheel Rob refers to. Converting to a chipping model would be expensive (A lot more!). I have converted 5 or 6 of these for tractor use. Going from 5-8 HP to 10-18 HP makes a big difference. It should run on the outer pulley like the tiller. To use it in this setup requires a rear lift & if your hydro filter is on the side, you'll need the pulley kit so the belt doesn't 'eat' the filter. If you have any questions or I can help, let me know. Take Care, JP

hello jp, i would like to know whats involved with the conversion/add-on of the chipper. what is the big cost you speak of? the chipper is what i'm really interested in. i've looked at a parts manual and it doesn't look hard to do? do you have any parts around for these units? of any kind? do you know if a screen for a roto-hoe i believe model number 800h, if the screen is compatible with mackissics? thanks rob Robert C Baumuller

Rob, My Landlord is a 69' 2110, the chipper came with a Sovereign 3416, it works on both. I've mostly done up to 2 1/2" green with it, I'd suppose dead stuff would chew up much better. here's mine http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/mackissic.htm

I have a 10 HP MTD chipper/shreader and my experience is that the green stuff chips and shreads much easier than the dead and dry material. It will take up to 3" branches and makes nice mulch.

Rob, The problem is NOT in the conversion. It's in the parts. They're expensive. All the units above are Shredder/Grinder 'class' units. To add the chipper you'd need the chute, flywheel, outer cover housing, blade and crank (I think). I started to do that a few years ago & stopped due to cost. To find out, you need to take your model number & get a parts book, then find the model that uses your case panels AND has the flywheel/cutter and do the math. I think you'll be shocked! This is the difference, note the side chute. AND there's a additional housing for the flywheel & blade. Hope this helps........... Taake Care, JP PS I have the 12PT9 that has been adapted to my Sovereign. There's A LOT more stuff in that one verses the Shredder/grinder like Maynard & Terry's. Let me know if you need anything!

I have an Allis Chalmers model B112 which has a chipper shredder which I got with the tractor. I'm still working on tilling and grading - haven't got to chipper/shredder work yet. It's dark out now so I don't know the brand, but will get back to you on this over the weekend. I'm eager to get to chipping/shredding - lots of oak trees - lots of small branches and twigs messing up the place, but see my post about locked up Model B112. Any comments will be appreciated. I have ordered the manual for B112 from yesterdaystractors (5 weeks ago) but still not here and I don't want to start tearing ing the machine blindly.

Reinhard You can download an operators and parts manual at this site type in this MFG#990434 [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php#start[/url] This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Robert, Yes, I did check my chipper/shredder. It is by AMERIND MacKISSIC INC of Parker Ford, PA S/N 780A 026060. What did you need to find out? Reinhard Siedenburg in Escondido, CA
quote:
Originally posted by Rob-B: would like to talk with other owners of the mackissic chipper/shreadder that was made for the AC and simplicitys garden tractors. thanks Robert C Baumuller