Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 608 or 610

gregc

Does any member own or has any member seen an AC 608 or 610? I have seen the pictures at http://www.simpletractors.com/models/600_series/ac_600_lts.htm but have never seen one in person. Cross reference to Simplicity 5008 and 5010. Must be really rare. Greg

Hi We have had them in. I believe they are the same tractor as the 738 Broadmore. Al I remember it, it the one we traded for didn't have the long frame. This may be wrong. The Simplicity 3008, 5008 and 5010 are the same except the frame is longer [this may also be true of the 608] to take the 42" deck, and were only built for a couple of years. [3008 had smaller rear tires] What is more confusing is that there is a 608 LT 611 LT that is basically a 4208 or 4211 painted orange. Then ther is an 811GT That corresponds to the 6008 Simplicity. Then an 811GT and 816GT that correspond to the 6100 Simplicity family. Then throw in the AC Homesteader that looks like the Simplicity 5010, but is not common to that tractor and does not use common parts. Very confusiing. Think of what it is like to be a dealer when someones wife comes in and wants some parts, and DOESN'T have the 169xxxx number that is the ONLY way to be sure. We often have to ask a lot of questions and kind of take a best shot guess. Good luck, Al Eden

Mom and dad had a 610 for years, then traded it in on a 7018 Simplicity (which I now own). My uncle also has a 610 with 42-inch deck that he has used for 20+ years. It is on its second engine, but still looks great and is mechanically sound. He also has a 728 Simplicity that is very similar to the 610. DaveM

I own a AC 608, great garden tractor . If you need any info on them, I have the manuals etc. Will gladly Email info to you. I use mine quite regularly and have no problems with it. I have the 36" mower deck , utility cart and snow plow for it. Nice little tractor both for mowing lawns and pushing snow.

Thanks to everyone for thier replies. I don't have either of these tractors now but maybe someday I'll have the chance at one. Any more out there? Greg