Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Why?

JCS

Why does all the aftermarket leaf vacuums require RIGHT hand side discharge and Simplicity blows it out the LEFT? Is LEFT or RIGHT better?

I don't think LEFT or RIGHT discharge matters as far as mowing performance. Most tractor manufacturers use RIGHT discharge. Therefore, aftermarket manufacturers want to appeal to the widest range of customers. I believe some may offer LEFT discharge as a special order option. Why would you want an aftermarket vac? The cheapest is probably $1000. Plus, you have another engine to maintain. The Simplicity PTO driven vacs do a great job.

JC I have often wondered about the left-side discharge on the AC/Simplicity decks when most of the others are right-side. I don't think there is any advantage on either. The best discharge location would seem to be the rear discharge of some of the older Wheel Horses. That would prevent the "hay rake windrow" you get with either side discharge deck, although it might cause some problems mounting a vacum system. For what it's worth. Larry If the women can't find you handsome.....at least let them find you handy! Red Green

Larry, Your thinking is right...until you own one. My grandfather had rear discharge Wheel Horse that was great for getting close to things on either side. Problem was it would cut the grass...and blow it out the back. It wouldn't mulch for $@#*! He traded it for a side discharge.

I remember when my Dad bought his new Wheelhorse,about 1969 or so,the mower discharge could be ordered out the side,or out the back. kenny L