Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

63,64? early Broadmoor Questions

SmilinSam

Got one of these old ones here. The hood knobs don't have any finger grip pins sticking out like the later versions. What perplexes me is that on the later white cowl models the side panels below the cowl are held on by a couple of hex head screws, while on this tractor I don't have any side panels and there are no screw holes in th frame to attach any panels. Question: Did the earliest versions even have side panel covers? and if so , how did they fit on?

Sam, If I recall after all the looking at pictures and reading about Broadmoors they didn't have the side covers on the earlier ones. I don't believe they came out with the side covers until the 717.

Sam, I MIGHT have the side covers off one of these parts tractors. Let me dig around in the parts pile a day or so. If I find them and you want them you can have them. Kris

I have a pair of side covers here, I just did not want to drill holes and put them on if the tractor never had them to begin with. Thanks Kris..