Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BrownA

4' landscape rakes

BrownA
While I was out on my recycling trip ( AKA tractor hunt ) I found a 4 ' landscape rake in nice shape. It's made to go with a 3 point hitch ( not sure what cat. ? ) for the price of $200.00. That sounds like a decent price to me. I was wondering who has used one behind a AC or Simplicity 10 hp garden tractor ? How well do they work ? Would you recomend buying it ? I am interested in it for small landscape type work but don't know how well they work or don't work. Does a 10 hp B210 have enough power for it ? Any thoughts ?

BrownA
Dutch, Thanks. The rake looks new and I thought the price was good. I understand I will have to change or modify the hitch but in my opinion that won't be so bad. I basically stumbled across this and almost wasn't going to ask if it was for sale because it looked so new. I learned my lesson a long time ago about not asking. Thanks, Al

thedaddycat
Alan, don't be suprised that nobody picked up on it........ be suprised that nobody SAID anything(yet)......... I got my York rake for $200 but it's the tow behind type since I have no 3 point hitch, and was made by York. A new 3 pt. landscape rake is around $230 for the 4' size from Northern. They also have 5' and 6' sizes. I used the price of a new rake to get the other one for $200. I work with the seller and told him that I'd give him $200 but if he wanted more I'd just go ahead and build a 3 pt. hitch and buy a new rake. The tow behind rakes go for about $500 new.