Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JohnInMI

Sequential Serial Numbers

JohnInMI
Have any of you ever seen two tractors with the same owner with sequential serial numbers? Do you think it makes them both worth more? I saw the ad for the 2110 and thought maybe I'd get lucky and it would be one off from mine, but it wasn't. Just curious to see what everyone thinks.

Dutch
I'd sure be pleased to have tractors with sequential serial numbers. Why? I don't know. Maybe just for conversational value. But, others may not give a damn. My father-in-law gave me a plated Beretta with serial number F12345 that he took from an Italian officer during WWII. I figured the officer must have had some "pull". When I showed it to a gunstore owner, his response was, "So what? Somebody had to get it."

thedaddycat
In one of my Psych courses there was a cartoon it the textbook that showed a computer that had generated a random series of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. The heading to go with it was "Unusual yes, but no more or less random than any other ten number combination. " I forget the clinical terminology for it.