Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FDT, RBT.. Ya'll ought to get a laugh out of thi

SmilinSam

Hooked up the frame mount vac and a deck onto the HB-116 and went out to "Play" in the leaves after work last night. Got dark quick, no big deal , turned on the lights and kept a workin...Uh Hum..I mean Playin. Well now after about the 5th or 6th unloading of leaves I was relaxed, having fun , and gettin alot done. Just unloaded a batch of leaves and went & leaped up onto the running board......... unfortunately I forgot what tractor I was on...oooops...wrong tractor...NO RUNNING BOARDS!!!!...................... Boy! That was hard on my shins, ankles and knees..... Glad it was too dark for my wife too see that one.

Uh, Sam? Have you thought about installing a set of those mini lamps they use in bass boats on the side-frames to light the steps? They are great for watching the deck on those after dark mowing jobs too. Larry If the women can't find you handsome.....at least let them find you handy! Red Green

Sam, I can see the root cause of your incident. You mistakenly thought you were working instead of playing. Workin' tractors have running boards, playin' tractors don't..... Next time remember you're playin'!!!!!

Last Christmas my daughter gave me a headlight. It is the type used by rock climbers to see where they are going after dark. It is light and very bright for a good distance - it has four high intensity bulbs. I have found it very useful for under the hood, in dark basement corners, for wiring and many other things. It was something I needed that I didn't even know existed. If I was wearing it for yardwork after dark, I would be able to see to the side of my tractor, and if I got off, could probable see where to put my foot (or not).

Sam, Sounds like you may really need to add those Homelite running boards that you mentioned... kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

PGL: I am a big fan of such "headlights." I have a Pelican brand one, from Grainger Equip., and it is of high quality. I found that the included "backup bulb" has a lesser intensity, so that batteries last longer. I am intrituged by one with switchable intensities. That would save a lot of battery power. What brand is it? Do you have website for the company? I'd like to get one, I think. Thanks, Peter

Petzl makes a great "headlight". Mounted on a hardhat it comes in handy. I got it specifically for my freight haulin days when the interior wagon lights would go out, which seemed like very often. You can find them here: http://www.petzl.com/petzl/publicFamille?id=LAMP MJD

My "headlight" brand name is Black Diamond. It is not adjustable for intensity except for off and on, using an easy to reach button just under the 4 light bulbs held in a reflector unit about 2-1/2 inches wide, 1inch deep and 1/2 inch high. It gets 70 hours from 3 AAA Alkaline batteries contained in a small rubber pack at the back of the head.