Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

a few questions.....

I HAVE A B10. IT SHOULD HAVE 3 PTO'S RIGHT? 1 FRONT, 1 MIDDLE. 1 REAR? I HAVE NO STARTER. I HAVE AN EXTRA STARTER FOR MY MURRAY, CAN I "RIG" THAT STARTER UP TO START MY B10? I HAVEN'T PICKED UP MY B10 UP YET. I'M GOING TO GET IT NEXT WEEKEND. I KNOW IT NEEDS THE CARB REBUILT AND TIRES. IF I GET IT RUNNING, I PLAN ON A FRONT END LOADER. WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY A PUMP AND LIFT ARMS? IF ANYONE CAN HELP, PLEASE REPLY.

Matthew, in a perfect world a B-10 may seem to have three PTO's. In the real world your tractor most likely will have one. That will be the center unit. That PTO will drive the mower deck, and provide power to a tiller PTO group. If you are lucky, a previous owner may have had a tiller and the tiller PTO may still be on the tractor. I have seen few tractors with the front PTO still on them. You may find the right parts on e-bay. As far as the loader, You can find pumps,cylinders,spool controls and supplies at www.NorthernTool.com . By the way Matthew, is Owingsville near Maysville and Ashland? Luck to you! Larry If the women can't find you handsome.....at least let them find you handy! Red Green

i'm about 45 miles from maysville. do u know where winchester or mt. sterling is? i'm 12 miles east of mt. sterling. i-64 runs through owingsville and hwy.60. the county is bath.

THERE IS A PTO IN THE MIDDLE FOR A DECK, REAR PULLEY WHERE THE TILLER HOOKED UP, AND A SHAFT COMING OUT THE FRONT END? ON THE BACK THERE IS A PIPE AND A CHAIN, THE HANDLE THAT LIFTED THE DECK UP OPERATES THIS. UNDER THE SEAT, WHERE U START IT, WHICH WAY SHOULD IT TURN? I'M VERY NEW TO THIS.

If you have to use the rope cup starter under the seat then there will only be one way to turn it. The notches for the knot on the end of the rope will only hold the knot in one dierction, making the right end of the BGB cross shaft turn clockwise as viewed from the right side of the tractor. Here's the rope cup from the 2012 currently under restoration.

Matthew I used to work for Southern States farm supply and made several trips to the big feed mill at Winchester. I also have been to "Old Court Days" in Mt Sterling years ago. It sounds like you have a good start on your tractor. The rear tiller PTO is a big plus. You may be able to find the pulley for the front shaft that powers a snowblower on e-bay or the classifieds here at Simpletractor. As far as I know the snowblower is all you would need that pulley for. The pipe and chain are the top lift assembly for your attatchments. The chain hooks onto plow, disc, cultivator,rear blade, etc. If you have a tiller it will have a pipe attatched so you remove the pipe there now and slide the tiller pipe in. The other implements require a lower hitch that pins into two holes low on the tranny brackets. It will be somewhat horseshoe shaped. If it is not with your tractor you can fabricate one easily. There are plans for one in the archives in Simpletractor. This hitch will fit most any sleve hitch type implement as long as you have means to hook the top link chain to the implement. I hope this helps Matthew. Larry If the women can't find you handsome.....at least let them find you handy! Red Green