Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Swap or sell '78 Sovereign 7018.....

RonCThompson

Anyone need a new ride? I've listed a '78 Sovereign in the tractors classifieds. Nice tight 7018 Hydro w/ tire chains, 48" deck, manual lift, rear lift group for tiller, etc. Has fresh 10HP 23D motor. Tractor is weathered, but solid. No pictures at the moment. Attachments from my '64 Landlord don't work on this unit, so I'd like to swap it for a running 64-69 Landlord/B-1/B-10 Homelite or whatever will accomodate my blower, deck, blades, plows, tiller, cultivators, etc. Most of you members seem to be pretty far away, but maybe we can work out something if anyone's interested. Email me at mail@rvthompson.com Phone # on request. Thanks, Ron

Ron Most of Your attachments Should work with your newer tractor. One of the nice things about Simplicity was they didn't change the Attachments much just the Hitches to connect them to the tractor. A lot of the old two wheel tractor attachments will work on the newer four wheel tractors. It's cheaper to buy hitches than Tractors. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Ron, All of the rear attachments should fit. You may need a slightly modified hitch. I have a 61 Wards and a 77 AC 716 (same as a Simp. 7016). I am also running a 10 Hp on my 716. The hook ups are so similar that nearly everything is interchangeable. In fact the mower for an older tractor should fit under the 7018 with no problem. You may need a slightly longer belt. I have used both a 42 and a 48 inch mower under my 716, with the belt length being the only difference. If I can be of any assistance with hook ups, get back in touch with me by personal mail. I am not far away, since I live in Fredericksburg. Rod H.

I've got a 2110 Landlord,1968 I think,which I would swap for the 7018.Logistics might be a problem,since I'm in Indiana.... kenny L