Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro-lift Scam on eBay?

powerking_one

Guys, Check the bidding history of that somewhat infamous Big-Ten hyro-lift that was on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2068623035&rd=1 For reference, I paid $175.00 for my Landlord 2110 which already had a hydro- lift (98% of it). Bidders's names with distinct lack of feedback looks fishy also. I had email'd the seller three or four times asking specific questions about it, and he never replied; no pictures available either. Detective Tom(PK)

Tom It would be interesting to know what the high bidders maximum bid was as the high bid was only $125.75 when they placed their bid. I think this is one eBay should check out. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

SCAM….!? What scam? What are you guys talking about?
quote:
Originally posted by powerking_one:Check the bidding history of that somewhat infamous Big-Ten hyro-lift that was on ebay.
What’s “infamous” about it? Did I miss something?
quote:
Originally posted by powerking_one:I paid $175.00 for my Landlord 2110 which already had a hydro- lift (98% of it).
So what? I had a Sovereign given to me for free and I’ve spent thousands on attachments and options.
quote:
Originally posted by powerking_one:Bidders's names with distinct lack of feedback looks fishy also.
I recognize several of the bidders as being regular and legitimate. The winning bidder has a feedback of (1). So what? We all did at one time.
quote:
Originally posted by powerking_one:I had email'd the seller three or four times asking specific questions about it, and he never replied; no pictures available either.
Has happened to me many times too. I just don’t bid. It’s obvious that “lizzietich(1)” entered a proxy bid on Nov-14-02 at 04:05:30 PST. “hausy(13)” and “delivery57” bid the max they were willing to bid, but “lizzietich(1)” proxy bid was always higher. So what? How much was “lizzietich” proxy bid? $500, $1000, $5000? Who knows? Is there some law how much a person can bid? Where is the “SCAM”?

I have delt with this guy on a transmission for my 4211.He is a dealer not to far from me.He is also a member of this club.Not sure if he owns the place or just works there.They have alot of older tractors and parts.I had very good luck with him and doubt very much he was trying to scam anyone. Some poeple would pay that much for a hydro lift believe it or not.When a friend of mine bought his AC B112 he posted a message on here asking about the lift system on his and someone offered him 300 for the lift.So it dont suprise me that it went for that much. mowerman1193

Wow, I've got a spare one on a Big Ten -- if they're worth that, it becomes VERY tempting... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Tom, There is a electric lift for sale in the classifieds on this site for $250.00. I was suprised to see the Hyd. lift go for +$300.00 also, but you dont see many of "em for sale either. Ray

Well Mowerman1193's right before I bought my brothers B112 I posted on here , about what it's worth... and 2-3 people Emailed me wanting to know if I would sell the Hydraulic lift... at least 2 people offered me $300 At that point I emailed a sponsor and asked them if it was worth that much and they seemed to think so also.... But I feel someone will pay what ever they feel it's worth and what something is worth to me might not be worth it to someone else.... And I do think there is some fishy bids sometimes with low to zero feedbacks