Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicty 7790 and others

JohnA

I was wondering if ya'll could help me with some questions that I have about a few Simplicitys. Does anyone have any idea about what size and type of engine that a Simplicity 7790 diesel takes? Is it a three cylinder Yanmar or something totally different.
Next I'm trying to sell a Simplicity 3416H. It is in perfect condition, and has the electric lift. Does anyone know how much its worth is?
Last I've got a '65 Landlord that I'm restoring, and I thinks that its only a 9 and 1/2 horsepower Briggs. But my question is could this mower run a 38" rototiller on it or no?
Thank you for such a neat website and I hope to get a response soon.

It's an Italian Lombardini diesel, imported and distributed by Briggs and Stratton.

Model: 7790 G T
HP: 18.5
Tractor MFR #: 1690890
Engine Model #: 10LD-400-2

Try searching for Lombardini on the web, I think I saw an American office in Atlanta or somewhere....

Also, here's the link to the Simplicity marketing brochure for the tractor that tells more.[A href='7790 Info']7790 Info[/a]

Mark, As far as the diesel question,the eng. is a 2 cyl.Italian made air cooled 4 stroke diesel,Lombardini,NOT to be confused with the car,Lombargini!Its rated at 18 HP and is more than enough eng. for the tractor.They were made with Briggs and Stratton as a partner.!The 7790 or the 920AC were the same machine.The diesel is a bit noisy,and vibrates but it does have superb power and fuel economy. dlc

Mark,

I don't know about the diesel questions but based on
my 7.25 hp B-1 I think your 9.5 hp would easily pull
a 36 or 38" tiller. My B-1 pulls the 32" tiller with
no sweat.

Roy

Hi Mark, I can give you some enformation on using that 1965-101 as it should have a 10hp engine on it. I have a 63-64 landlord that had a 9hp on it to which I used a tiller and had no real problems unless I added the extra tines to it. I have since replaced that 9hp with a 10hp and just that 1hp made a difference in performence even though both engines are about equal in hours of use. Just make sure you have the proper pulley on the trans #105188 which is a 8"dia. to slow the tractor speed down or when you get into some real wet dirt or gray you will be rideing the clutch alot. Best of Luck->jack-happyjack<-

Yes I sure think Jeff has a very good point on the weight factor something that I never even concidered. Just how the frame would hold up is sure a question and along with the wheeelies to boot-->jackl-happyjack<-