Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

need help bad !!!!!!!!!!

ultimatehick

i was just drivinbg in my lawn and then crash. I have a 7116H. That was my rear axil breaking right off. It broke right where it connects to that big plate thing that is connected to the rim. what i want to know is would it be alot of money for what went wrong. i know that it cant be welded.

You mean the WHeel hub on the left side of the tractor snapped off the axle? I have seen this happen a couple of times. If this is what happened, you need to get a new or good used axle/Hub. Don't know what they sell for new, or used for that matter. You would have to disassemble the diferential to get the axle out, but its not all that hard, just greasy.

i just went out side and looked at it and i confirmed that it is the axil. it broke right infrount of the wheel hub. so i guess i need a new shaft. 2 ques though 1 how much would an axil be 2 would i just be ablt to by the axil or do i have to by a whole new teansmission.

Here's a pic showing the drive gear, axle tube, axle shaft, and left hub. These parts are laid out as though you're looking at them from the front of the tractor so right side components are on the left side of the pic and vice versa. The drive gear is keyed to the axle tube in the center, one side of the differential is keyed to the right end of the axle tube and the other side of the differential is keyed to the right end of the axle shaft. The hub is keyed to the left end of the axle shaft, next to the collar. Exactly which parts are broken and where is the break? From your description it sounds like the break is just outboard of the collar. You will not need a whole new transmission, just replacement parts for the broken ones.