Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs ID

sonnyboy2741

I need info on a briggs -Year,hp,ect... I searched 5 different databases and could not find out. Thanks, Gregg Model: 143302 Type: 502530 Serial: 22808

Gregg have you tried Antique Small Engine Collectors Club? I had a real old Briggs engine that I traced there. Their link gave me all that info and more. the web add is www.asecc.com . They have info on most old engines including Continental, Wisconson, Lauson, Kohler and some more I think. Hope this helps. Larry If the women can't find you handsome.....at least let them find you handy! Red Green

I believe that the engine you have is: -14 cubic inch -Design series #3 -horozontal Crankshaft -flo-jet carb -mechanical governer -plain bearing -rewind starter I think that this info is correct. I do the best that I can. If you would like to know the year you need to read the Code The tag on your engine should read.... Model Type Code The first two numbers are the year. The second set is the month. The third set is the day, and the fourth set is the assembly line and plant. If I got it all wrong please let me know. Mike

Mike, No comment on this post, but welcome to the club. Great username, by the way! Hope it's cuz you like fishing. Great to see you helping a fellow mwmber on your first post. That's what this club is all about, sharing info. Hope some of our members or myself can return the favor sometime.

Paul Kjorlie, The Norwegian