Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
thedaddycat

Easy fix

thedaddycat
I was talking with fellow club member Rob Baumuller about the stop bracket for the Hi-Lo a while back. It seems these wear the tips out in time. Here are two fixes I came up with for each of us, since it's just about as easy to do two as it is one..... The top bracket is the OEM part with weld build up on the worn areas. I need to go back and add a little more weld to mine so I have plenty to grind off. The bottom bracket is one I cut out of the side of a scrap of angle iron. The reciprocating saw was the best tool for the job to make these short straight cuts and the bench grinder and drill press finished the job. It is slightly thicker than the OEM part.