Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity?

ReedS

Ok guys, what I have in picture (i hope) ia hood,dash and steering wheel. The hood and dash are fiberglass? Looks like simplicity orange though I really don't know what they are,make model etc. I would like to find them a new home. If someone can id them and might be able to use them let me know. thanks Reed S [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=reeds&file=679"][/url]

I happened to pick up what looks to be the same machine. The guy at the local sled boneyard had 2 snowblowers that I wanted. He gave them to me with the stipulation that I took the small old rider also. It's actually kinda cute. The front says "Rugg" "Carpet Cut". I don't know who made it. Anybody?? MJD

The Rugg is getting popular with the mini-racers. They fix up Huffy's and Ruggs, with bigger engines and do wheelies and run races. I doubt you will find much info. on them...... [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Huffymowers/[/url] ...Art

Wow,I thought it would take at least a week for someone to id those pieces. Thanks for inserting the photo Maynard, I spent all weekend just setting up my computer just be able to load the pics from the camera. [;P] Now can I interest anyone in these parts? Happy tractoring. ReedS

Reed and Mike.....Some more Rugg info....Here is an excerpt from the YT tractor, Garden Tractors Discussion forum on the Rugg.... ________________________________________________________________ " Have not heard that name in a great time. I purchased one brand new in about 1965, 8 H.P. 30 inch cut fiberglass hood and fenders. Red in color. was a pretty good mower of the time. I ordered it from a catalog, ( Aldens catalog) was about $499.00 new, without shipping. Hope this helps you out......" ________________________________________________________________ Here's a pic. of my Huffy, Sheraton, you can see the resemblance. It's also fiberglass, same seat, frame type, engine....etc. ...Art