Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Info on a 410

KennS

Question? I was looking at a ac 410 with electric lift?If that possible.And electric pto It does electric start right? SInce i have an electric start on my B-207e i don't want to be with out one now. If i get the 410 i may be selling the B-207e,but i have to see.I have only room for one.And i would like to do heavier work with out destroying the B-207.And my landlord would kill me. Thanks folks for your time. kenny

Kenny, yes the 410D (Deluxe) would have electric lift and electric PTO. The 300/400 series the mower deck runs off the PTO (front) of the engine. It is a very heavy duty tractor. Yes it does have electric start. The engine should be a 10hp Kohler. I am now guessing, but I believe the 410 would have the 3-speed with vari-drive belt transmission, or it could be a shuttle shift. I don't believe the 410 was offered as a hydro. Good Luck! Mike S.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeES: Kenny, yes the 410D (Deluxe) would have electric lift and electric PTO. The 300/400 series the mower deck runs off the PTO (front) of the engine. It is a very heavy duty tractor. Yes it does have electric start. The engine should be a 10hp Kohler. I am now guessing, but I believe the 410 would have the 3-speed with vari-drive belt transmission, or it could be a shuttle shift. I don't believe the 410 was offered as a hydro. Good Luck! Mike S.

Ref: The 300/400 series the mower deck runs off the PTO (front) of the engine. Mike, I have an AC 314 H and the mower deck power comes by way of the BGB PTO. There is no path way for a belt to the front PTO. I must admit that in restoring the tractor, I have yet to find the BGB PTO parts, so I have not actually run the mower deck, which is like new.

EDS, You have a nice looking tractor there! However, it must have been modified in a former life. I've got a 314 and a 312H (both stock) and both drive the mower decks off the front PTO. This was, I believe the original configuration. There are 2 pulleys mounted vertically on a frame attached to the front bumper which transition the mower drive belt from vertical (around the PTO) to horzontal to run to the center pulley on the mower deck. I may know of a source for the vertical pulley set up. Let me know if you are interested.

I have a 410S and have adapted a 700 series tiller and snowthrower for mine. Both work great. It is a rugged tractor and once the shuttle is adjusted properly, runs like a charm!