Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC paint?????

bearcat78b12

Do they still make the paint for AC yellow for the garden tractors or do you just use cub paint. they look a shade or two different to me. I missed bidding on 9 spray cans of it at an auction because my son had to go potty. Dad first auction buyer there after...lol Rick

It's no longer available. You'll have to have it mixed. Note that there were three different shades of yellow used on the oldies. As best as I can tell: 1. B-1 2. Simplicity-made early B-10, Big Ten, late B-10, B-12 3. Allis-made B-110 - B-212, plus B-206 - B-208 I can't guarantee the accuracy of what tractors used what colors, but that's the best I can figure out at this point.... http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/paint_codes.htm Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I went to my local auto parts store to find out about the paint for my '65 b-10.They had the paint formula for the off white but not the yellow.They told me to bring in a piece of the tractor and they could do a color match for me.They are a Dupont dealer and the qualityof paint will be far better than the factory paint.Hopefully I will get on this in the next month or so.Good luck on your project,I hope this is helpful. Matt

Matt, If you check with your local PPG dealer they can also come up with a very close match. I would recomend there Omni brand it is very cost effictive and a great paint. Ron Thomas #3

Ron. Do you recall what Omni code you used? I found a restoration shop that uses that brand, but have no idea what yellow to use. Thanks Jack

Jack, No I do not have a code my AC 912H is orange. If you look through some of his color chip books you should beable to find a close match look under the truck and fleet colors first.