Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone with Bolens Husky 853 Information

EZDUZIT

I recently aquired a 1970 Bolens Husky model 853. I would appreciate any information any of the members here have on it. The bolens pages and forms are not "up to the same standards and comaraderie of this great form".Not to "knock" them ,but this site and its members, are the BEST on the internet !!!! . Or maybe refer me to another Bolens site that you may be happy with. I would appreciate it. Thanx. I always appreciate the help I get here.Thank you all for being here. Pete. " Another Friend Of Bill's "

Hi,I don't have any personal experience with Bolen's but I did do some looking around for info on them as I had thought about buying one from my brother.I found this web site below and thought it had quite alot of info on it.They have downloadable manuals for them.I don't think they have any forums/discussions but if you browse around there is lots of info there. [url]http://members.tripod.com/sonnys_bolens/index.htm[/url] mowerman1193

Hi Pete, the 853 as you probably know is an 8hp, (Wis. or Briggs) tube frame tractor. The link, is for the largest membership Bolens Club at Yahoo, there are several others, too. [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolenstractorsclub/?yguid=96190142[/url]

Hi Pete, I have a Bolen's 1050 and I agree with you. Since I had a AC 310D before I got the Bolen's I have been catching my self judging all the Bolen's web site by this one. Bolen's web sites are lacking the indepth info that this site has. The people on this site are great as well. The two web sites listed by the other guys are good and have them on my Favorites list. I will give you one more you might like. http://www.fortunecity.com/marina/newland/721/bolens/ It's a good web site but I could not down load any of the pic's, bumer. The bolenstractorclub (listed by one of the other guys) is prob. one of the biggest groups on the net. The guys are great with questions, but the database is almost ZIPP "O". Good luck Dave

Thanks Guys, I'll give them a try. I always appreciate the help I get here.Thank you all for being here. Pete. " Another Friend Of Bill's "

Dave & Pete, I personally appreciate the kind words, since I've put more hours than I want the missus to count into this site and club... Bit of "ancient history" for you. About this time 4 years ago, I posted a topic on Yesterday's Tractors and Antique Tractors forums for Garden Tractors, wanting to know if there were enough Simplicity and Allis fans to start our own club. About 20 replied yes. So, I started the club on Yahoo on 12/15/98. One of the folks who replied was Tim Johnson (nickname ACB12man). He later became the first president of the club, and in late March of the '99 he went off and founded the Yahoo Bolen's club. Charles Wise, the other moderator of that club was also an early member of this one -- and both still have active memberships. Tim still stops by occasionally, though it's been a while since I've noticed Charles around.... Thought it kind of appropriate to post this -- kind of like coming full circle... Thanks again for the compliments -- this site has been an incredible experience for me. Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I second the praise the other guys give this club. I have 3 Wheel Horses, one John Deere and one Simplicity. I get more help on the Wheel Horses and John Deere from this club than from their brand name web clubs. The information on this site is amazing and the people are extremely helpful. It scares me a little to think that Kent might get tired of doing all this some day. I don't mean to infer that he is the whole strength of the club, but his computer artistry holds it together and keeps it vital and growing. Many thanks Kent!

Thank You Kent. I get the message. I belong to another type of ,shall we say,orginazation, I have often heard said "Incredible people, with incredible insight, experience incredible things".You certainley fit that statement to the "T".The internet has made a lot of people a lot of friends. Im a little older and a little different and,a little wiser since I learned to type on these things.This site means a lot to me,I only wish that I knew more mechanics about these "addictive" things called tractors,so that maybe I could contribute as much as many of you do here. I can only learn from those that walked in front of me,such as yourself. So I will continue to read and ask all the stupid questions,get all greasy and sweaty,kick and swear,break what wasnt broken to begin with,have the wife upset because Im up too late,swearing and kicking at a hunk of metal,learning how to handle frustration and disapointment over lack of a part,or the knowledge as to what to do with part if I do get it !!! But, when all is said and done and we look back at that once "hunk of metal" we know we accomplished something. Some people go all the way through this world,without that feeling. I have met a lot of great people here, I hope to meet many more. So Kent, never forget that ,"Incredible"is so much more then just a word, its a way of thinking, applying as best you can,your thoughts and your abilities. The real rewards are being able to share these things with others,which you do so freely. That is a real attribute,that many millions of people never experience. I didnt mean to ramble,or post ,away from what we all are really here for, enjoyment. I really beleive "that were all here,because we ain't all there". Have a great night. I always appreciate the help I get here.Thank you all for being here. Pete. " Another Friend Of Bill's "

I have a 1968 Bolens 1050 Husky with all the original manuals. I am the 3rd owner. It has a wisconsin 10 hp engine and is a strong runner. It came with a 48" mower, 42" scraper blade, 40" aerator, 36" snow thrower, 10"mold board plow and a cart. I have a phone number for a guy in South Carolina named Bobby Bruneau he runs Bruneaus Power Equipment 4305 HWY 165 Hollywood, SC 29449 (near Charleston) (843) 889-8377. I bought some parts from him and a service manual. He goes around and buys old tractors and sells used parts. He was helpful to me and I hope he will be helpful to you. Good luck John H