Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hi-Lo handle

thedaddycat

A while back I recall a post asking "Why save Junkers?". An extension of that would be "why save junk?". Well, I have a Hi-Lo hat has everything but the stock knob for the shift lever. Here's my custom handle, made from an old broken ratchet picked out of the trash. I knew that eventually I'd find an application for it. It is drilled and tapped 7/16-14. Since I am planning to put the Hi-Lo on the 2012, does anyone have a stock handle for one of these that they'd sell or trade? Thanks

hey guy, mine is a knob..................the same as the shifter. i think i have an extra you thats what your looking for. its yours ya know rob

Kirk, Nearly everything that I have has been reconstructed from junk. Tools, cars, tractors, etc. I hate to see anything useable thrown away. So much junk stored in my garage that you can barely walk through it. Unfortunately, I have turned my wife and kids into "packrats" just like me. Rod H.

Thanks Rob, I tried another knob from (I'm pretty sure) a shifter and one from a PTO lever. They are threaded for smaller shafts while this one has the same threads as the BGB and tranny side plate bolts. No great rush on this though as I need to get my new input shaft for the BGB and put both it and the tranny back together yet. That will be the weekend project.......