Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity 700 axle housing

simplejim

hi guys. heres a dumb question but i cant find anything to answer this so here goes. my simplicity 700 has a axle housing on the differential of course but it doasnt on the other side. should it have one on this side or did it come this way? thanks in advance jim simplejim

What do you mean by axle housing? Do you mean axle tube? If that is what you are talking about it is supposed to stick out about 4" on the left side, at least on the newer ones. give me a better description and I'll try to help more. here is a picture if that helps, there is not much detail but it might work. Good luck. Lawrence http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1959/spur-gear_pg6_small.jpg http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1959/700_plow_pg4_small.jpg

well, I just went out to look at mine and the landlords looks like it goes all the way to the wheel. It is all tangled up in twine and it is dark so I cant see very well though. My diesel is out at the barn so I cannot measure it. I dont know anything about the 700 except it looks like the 3 speed axle is like my landlord 4 speed.

well what i meant to say is there is an axle tube on the differential side of the transaxle but on the opposite side it just has a bare axleshaft from the transaxle all the way out to the wheel. thanks again. jim simplejim

hey thanks ka9bxg ive had this tractor about ten years but i havent seen another one or a 725 in person. the b10 we parting out has tubes on both sides so it made me wonder.im getting ready to restore this tractor. it is sure built different than my 67 round fender 110 john deere or my late 60 bush hog garden tractor or even my buddys cub original or his old wheel horses. most of these tractors have simular frame and tranny rearend set ups simplicity sure built them their own way.anyway ive rambled enough thanks again everyone jim simplejim