Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JonetteP

Lawn Boy Loafer

Karl_Brandt
I have seen a Lawnboy Loafer before.:D My buddy from the antique Tractor shows has one. I also have the Lawnboy parts list on this machine. Looks like they were made from 1960 - 1965. Karl

ka9bxg
Freind as one.What a piece it makes a lot of noise and does'nt have much power.I would bet that they did not sell many of them.The idea of haveing 2 engines running sounds like a ot of waste.Bob

66Landlord101Guy
I work on L-B's all of the time. There is a L-B Loafer and I believe it was made in the 60's or 70's. Thanks, Ben Scovil Scovil's Yard Care & Equipment Serving Dover DE since 2000:D (Check out our AOL home page! http://hometown.aol.com/chief6191/myhomepage/business.html )

JonetteP
Hi all, as far as I can tell from the lawn boy web page, this model was produced from 1957 through 1960. It is a model 9210. I have seen a greens type mower, a 30 blade, a 42" blade, and a dump cart for it on the L-B sight. What did the extra engine drive? A rotary mower?

atapir
Hi I was young my father purchased a used lawn boy I think it was the loafer it had a angle iron frame with a rear mounted engine there was a veriable speed control a small drive disk came off the engine and road against a larger rubber coated transmision drive disk at 90 degrees by moving a lever you could change speed (the smaller disk would ride up or down against the larger changing the gear ratio) it went quite fast a lot of fun for a youngster the unit came with a set of bogie wheels and a 22 inch mower you just droped the wheels and slid in a pin to hold the mower you had an engine on the back for drive power and a standard push mower on the front to steer you just steered the mower and the power drive would follow. I hope I am not blowing smoke and this is the correct unit it sure was a fun thing to have back in the day Eric