Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs parts

arjr111

Has anyone found a decently priced outlet, for the older model Briggs parts. Been looking for parts for the #300421, 12 HP. B-series tractors. They're nuts, $40+ for rings, $90+ for a piston, what a rip. And can't even find the valves, not even on Briggs.com ?[:0]:(!:(}:)8

Call PRECO in Ludlow MA 1800-428-8004 in massachusetts it's ( 800-421-3900 ) They have off price stuff (non-briggs) and they ship nationwide. Hope this helps. Cheap Dave...

Art, I also think the price of rebuild parts is ridiculous. I payed $40 for rings for a 10 Hp B/S last fall, and $125 for a piston and rings for a 14 Hp Kohler this spring. I can buy parts for all cylinders of a V8 car engine for that price. I think they price the rebuild parts so high in hopes that you will buy new engines or new tractors.

Hi Art, if you have the pn's or the model-type-code, I can see if we have them in our overstock. I am sure we have a rod for the model 14, but I will have to check on the 19.

art have you tryied jacks small engine, their prices are fair even if their customer service(over the phone ) needs work. I rebuilt the 300421 in my 3112h last year i to was shocked to find out the prices for the rod and rings, gasket kit ect when i had to get them. Worst case you need to spend some $$$ rebulding yours it probably beats trying to repower what you have and it will be definetly be less OUTRAGEOUS than the $900.00 price tag i was given for a short-block assy for my 300421. Also one thing that i found very helpful (having never tore into one of these old cast-iron engines) was the b&s repairmens handbook for out of production engines b&spn CE8069-5/00 IT covers that series and many more "oldies" john

Thanks Guys, I have found the valves, used but in good cond. for $20. When I did my 14 HP Kohler Rebuild, I was able to buy the rebuild kit, from the Foley-Belsaw Cat. for $59.95 (Stens), this included piston, rings, valves, oil seals, and complete gasket set. I've read that you should only use OEM, but who can afford to? Foley has some Briggs parts (separate and kits), but skips the older 10hp and 12hp's. I tried Jacks they do not list the valves either. The valves must be out of production. And the piston price was still (crazy, IMO) high. Apparently, Stens, either don't make parts for these two models or they do not advertise them anywhere. Model # 300421 type 0127-01 code 6811041

This spring I paid $125 for a piston with rings but.035 over size.It was a lot but cheaper than most It was Briggs parts and I bought them from a Local dealer.He is fair with prices so I have been going to him.Bob

Hello, My name is LLoyd and you can try us for all your parts needs. We are a new business out of Seneca, PA. Check out our web site to see what all we service and carry, things not list my still be sold by us so give us a call on what your looking for, (if you dont see it on the site) Heck maybe we can help. I'm also a Master Briggs Tech. So maybe I can just help with advise. http://www.csonline.net/tri-countyope

Welcome aboard LLoyd. It's always great to see new members join. Its nice to see people in the OPE business become members and offer to share their knowledge with us hobbyists. You will not find a better bunch of folks anywhere. Larry

Hi.. Looks like Prime Line still has what your looking for maybe. OE#394436 part no.7-03025...head.dia 1.251 length 4.8535 stem dia.0.3085 face45* valve type Exhaust.. OE#261206 and 394435..part no.7-03064...head dia.1.5945 length 4.8395 stem dia.0.3085 face30* valve type Intake piston assembly..standard =pn7-03502..10 over= pn 7-03160.. 20 over=7-03161 30 over=7-03162 connecting rod=pn 7-03868 not sure on the prices on these but at least there available from these guys Charby5...

FYI, NAPA carries the Prime-Line/Sierra product line. You might have to direct the parts counter guy to look for the Sierra Small Engine & Power Equipment catalog. Likewise, you might be the first person at that store who is asking for these type of parts. I feed Sierra PN's to my NAPA guys all the time; they'll order it in and if I don't want the part(s); no problem, no charge, no shipping charge. You can't beat that policy! Tom(PK)