Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
KenSee

7117 safety switches

KenSee
Won't turn over, battery charged, is there a simple way to eliminate safety switches to eliminate that problem from other problems I have to figure out? There are three on this tractor, seat, hydo neutral position, and pto. Thanks, leaves are piling up!

MikeDAmico
Hey ken id like to do that to with mine i think one reason my 7119 wont turn over and just click is the saftey switches are rusty,if you find out a way to get bypass it let me also

RonT
I have my pto safty switch bypassed on my 912h. I just took a wire and two male spade connectors and put them in to the two female conectors that were on the switch. You can also get a new switch if that is the problem at a local NAPA store. Just remember these are called safty switches for a reason. It is ok to bypass them for a test or trouble shooting but fix them as soon as possible.

thedaddycat
To test the starter and solenoid, use a momentary contact switch hooked to the solenoid from the battery. When you push the button, the solenoid should energize causing the starter to crank. MAKE SURE IT'S OUT OF GEAR!!!

KenSee
Tested the starter and solenoid like daddycat said, worked fine, tested each safety switch, worked fine, swapped ignition switch with my spare 7117 (no motor, but new switch!)and it fired right up! Good thing I brought home two of those tractors because I had an extra switch at 11:00 pm, just in time for tonights snow.