Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

IT'S HERE!!! my 9020

LBS

WOW! What a machine. I have been spreading horse manure and graveling the driveway this afternoon. I can go down to the creek and get a FULL load of gravel without any trouble. I put the 21x8" tires and wheels from my landlord on the front and they help a lot with floatation in the gravel. But it does have it's problems. The starter seems way to noisy. the pto shaft is missing from the motor to the transmission, and maybe the clutch. Two of the 4 bolts that hold the axle drop housing on were missing and only one was tight. I hope it did not hurt anything. And the charging system will not charge the battery. So I have lots to do! I guess that is what you get with an old machine.

Sorry about the night pics. Notice the JD seat?[:0]

Lawrence By the way Kent, floatation is not in your dictionary;)

Maybe that's because it's spelled "flotation"... ;) http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=flotation I'm jealous of your tractor, so don't expect me to be too nice...

Great looking tractor just like kent im jealous but who wouldnt with a machine like that just of think of when the snow falls...mike

Its spelled float, so why not floatation? MS Word says OK to floatation as well as flotation so maybe alternate spellings? I program in qbasic as well as Visual Basic and I use the MS Word dictionary database. Would that be impossible or illegal on here? Yours also doesn't like words with "'" like doesn't, I'll and a few others Great clubhouse! And more users the last few days. Good luck. Lawrence

I like it. I finally got the kinks worked out of my 9020. Now if I just could get Santa to bring me a nice bucket like yours. No SNOW here in Washington yet. Great topics and information. Thank you Wayne

I'm really impressed with the front bucket on your tractor. Is it made by Simplicity? How much wieght can it handle? Where can I find one like it?

Congrats Lawrence! Welcome to the powermax club! Looks like a nice System 9020. You'll have a lot of fun with it. By the way, I'd spell it floatation too. Greg and Wayne, There wer three manufacturers that made loaders to fit the powermax tractors. Lawrence has one made by ARK manufacturing, mine is made by Danco and I've seen Johnson Workhorse loaders on these as well. You just have to be lucky enough to find one and have the cash available when you do. The Danco is probably the heaviest duty on the top end, whereas the Ark had a stronger subframe. The Ark also has a bucket indicator which is really nice for knowing exactly how flat your bucket is riding. Mike, The loader, surprisingly, is not much help in snow removal. The bucket is fairly small and it takes forever. I can move much more snow with the 60" dozer blade. Deb and I do a lot of landscaping around our place. That's where the loader really shines

Nice machine, even with thse problems it still looks like a deal! Paul, I too am Norwegian, I like your sig! All I can say is "Lutefisk, Lefse, and UFFDA lol" have a good one guys!