Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cranemech

Rear pto seal

cranemech
Evening All, I need to replace the seal on my AC 620 rear pto. I removed the shaft collar and according to the parts manual breakdown, someone has had it apart and reassembled it with the retainer behind the retaining ring. The lip seal is a National and I am unable to read the number. Has anyone replaced this seal with an aftermarket seal, and would they have the number handy? Is there anything special about this seal or is it normal lip seal? Worse comes to worse I'll head to the local parts house and have them X-reference the dimensions. I'm just not sure that it was replaced with the correct crossover. What are everyones thoughts about starting a X-reference chart with the OEM part number and the aftermarket manufacturer and part number, on filters, seals, etc. Still learning, Chad