Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

b-1 carb problems

MikeDAmico

Hi guys i got a question for someone out there who might have the part or what the name of it is on the bottom of my carb theres a bolt thats on the bottom of the carb to the right of the adjustment needle, thats missing from mine someway and now im leaking gas like crazy what is the name for that part,and also i guess im blind but does anyone have the factory specs for the carb adjustment like how many turns in or out on both needles or where it is on this site?thanks...mike

Mike. Happy Thanksgiving.What is the motor you have ,briggs,kohler,etc.etc.What year,most manufacturers have sites where you can get that info.Or,post a search in here,but you need to know what to put in ,hp,serial#. Good Luck.

Mike, My method of adjustment is to run the needle in till it lightly touches the seat, back it out 1 & 1/2 turns, start engine and adjust from there. To adjust, turn one way till it gets rough or misses, turn the other way till it gets rough or misses and set midway between. Main jet must be set at full throttle, and idle jet at idle. Always adjust main jet first.