Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydraulic fade

Rapalla7

My 3112H power lift has a problem. The hydraulics fade out when there is any weight placed on it. I am constantly having to maintain with the lever. I really don't know any thing about hydraulics, I can run them but I have never worked on them before. Does any-one know what my problem is or what parts gone bad need to be replaced? (its not leaking any fluid) Any Help would be great. Thanks, Spetz

thank you, I appreciate the input. I s'pose I have to disasemble the tractor to replace the part or is this an easy fix? If there is anything I can help you with let me know. Thanks, M.Spetz

thanks for the pic Scott It does'nt look to bad to get in to do the work. I was starting to look into making some modifications to the hydro system by installing pistons out side of the tractor (one on the side front and possibly one for the rear) for better access and possibly more leverage. I figgured since im going to get greasy anyway what the heck. However, it seems as though my money always runs out before my ambition.

As is obvious in my picture my money and ambition was running low also. I had this one apart. Not as far as thedaddycat has his. Took out about 25 pounds of accumulated dirt and grass clippings,and found a few leaks. decided to put back together and fix leaks before I put the good paint on it. Back to the question about fade. There is a procedure for adjusting the quadrant for the hydraulic operator on the main site. Do a search and check yours out. Maybe something simple as a loose belt or adjustment. If you need some more pics I will be glad to share.

Does anyone know the size or specs on the O-rings for the hydraulic cylinders. Both mine leak -- not enough to really hurt performance, but enough to attract a mess of grass clippings, dirt, etc.