Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cab Identification

MikeES

I have a soft cab with a fiberglass top that I have been using for years on my 712. But it is not the cab for a 700 or 900 series AC. It is orange with the AC logo on the side with a cream colored fiberglass top. The top is 44" long, which is 10" longer than the cab for the 700 series. The length is all behind the door. The door is the same as the 700 series. It is about 1" wider. The support bracing comes from the cross bar in front of the steering wheel and down the sides below the hood to mount to something on the cowl where the gas tank and battery are. All other mounting is the same as the 700 series. There is no provision for a manual lift. It has an opening on the right side for I guess the spout turning handle. The front flap (the area just ahead of the steering wheel is about 2" short from touching the hood on the 712. For years I thought that this cab was for a 300/400 series AC. But I saw one the other day and it was different than this one. Does anyone has a guess at what tractor this cab was made for?

Mike, Going by your description I think the cab you have is probably for the AC 620 - 720 (Simplicity PowerMax) tractors. We used two different lengths of tops at that time, mostly depending on the size of the tractor. If you would like further info email my work at chris@originalcab.com