Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I am a new member.

Jayman

My only tractor is a 1964 Broadmoor 707. Completely original including paint. I have the 3 blade mower deck and the dozer/plow blade with tire chains. I use this tractor almost daily for yard maint. and snow removal. I also hace the original 1964 catalog of models and the parts book with exploded view of all systems specific to my model. I can copy and send to anyone that needs it. Jay Simanski Windsor, CT.

Hi Jay, nice looking machine! I just bought a 717 broadmoor for 50 bucks, picking it up saturday. Do you have the manual for the snow plow? If you do, could you send me dimensions of the hitch? I need to have one fabricated then I can use half a barrel for the blade. It would be much appreciated. Thanks! -BradW P.S. Does anyone have a blade or blower for sale?!

Hi Jay,Welcome to the site.I have two of those tractors with mower decks and one with blower and one with blade and the Hi/LO option on both.Also have a newer model 728 with tiller and revitalizer and mower deck.These little tractors might be little but they sure are tuff and you never hear of much going wrong with them. Plus when you have the smaller tractors you can fit more of them in the garage:D

quote:
Originally posted by BradW
Hi Jay, nice looking machine! I just bought a 717 broadmoor for 50 bucks, picking it up saturday. Do you have the manual for the snow plow? If you do, could you send me dimensions of the hitch? I need to have one fabricated then I can use half a barrel for the blade. It would be much appreciated. Thanks! -BradW P.S. Does anyone have a blade or blower for sale?!

Jay, can you confirm that this is the type of hitch you have? Brad, does this look like what you need? I don't know what the bracket at the top of the plow blade is for, but it bolts to the blade and has a nut welded to it.

I can confirm that the picture of the bracket above is the same as the bracket I use to attach my plow blade. I do not have the same bracket on my blade, but in my opinion, someone may have used it to adjust the blade angle without getting up from the seat, something I can't do.

As I recall, our site sponsor Sandy Lake had a couple of these Broadmoor plow frames available for a reasonable price ($50 I recall). Also check JJ Nemes Used Mower Network . The frame isn't too complicated but would take more than $50 worth of labor and time to make. Tom

Welcome to the club Jay, Very nice original tractor. One of our members, Kris Sever from Wisconsin has one he just restored. He won best of show with it at our club gathering over the summer. Your garage looks too empty...think you need more tractors. You just took the first step by joining the club at becoming a tractor addict. LOL

Welcome to the club. When I started the "addiction" I first owned a 1963 MW gardenmark tractor and a 1976 JD 214 w a 48" mower and a 36" tiller. I traded the JD for a 1968 Bolens 1050 w mower, aerater, plow, cart, snowblower and a grader. Then I discovered this site about 2 years ago. Now I have added an AC 710 6 speed ($100), a 1960 simp 700 (free), a 1974 simp 3410 ($100), a 1975 homelite t-13 shuttle ($75),a 1976 model 76 cub cadet(free) and two gravlys ~1965 convertibles. I hope you have garage space in two years you will need it!! John H

Thanks Jayman, KSever, Tom Schmit, and TheDaddyCat. Yes, that is what I am looking for. I will have to check it out. I am moving to a diffent subdivision in town and want to help the neighbors and myself instead of the shovel for a change! -BradW

Welcome, and bear in mind that there is truth to the addage: membership of this club is kown to cause reduced garage space. When I started here I had one tracto and a plow. Now I have 2 tractors a plow a weight box several push mowers a snowblower and other such things. Enjoy yourself and the wit of the rest of these individuals, they sure are a great bunch.

Welcome to the club, Jay! I found this web site while I was searching for a snowblower for my 1978 7014 Shuttle. That was 10 months ago and while I did get the snowblower I was searching for -thanks to one of the club members- I keep coming back as I learn something from the great bunch of folks here!! I hope you get as much here as I have. Ken